Chapter 5: Reports
Password security report
Intuitive Password offers a comprehensive Password Security Report feature that scans and analyzes your passwords for various security vulnerabilities. This report focuses on password security and account-related security, providing valuable insights into the strength and security of your passwords. Follow the steps below to generate and review your password security report.
Generating a report
- Click "Reports" on the left-hand side of your screen, then select "Password Security Report" from the dropdown list.
- Before generating the report, choose the a vault from the list of available vaults that you want to scan the password items in. Optionally, if you wish to conceal sensitive information such as passwords and PINs in the report, select the "Conceal sensitive information" option. When selected, the downloaded report will hide all sensitive information, ensuring an additional layer of security.
- Once you have configured your preferences, click on the "Generate Report" button to initiate the scanning process. The report generation process may take a few moments to complete, depending on the size of the selected vault and the number of password items being scanned.
- After the report has been generated, you will have the option to export it in various file formats. Choose the desired file format for your report export. Intuitive Password supports formats such as PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and more. Click on the "Download" button to initiate the export process. Depending on your browser and system settings, you may be prompted to choose a location on your device to save the exported report.
- Once the report is downloaded, it will be encrypted with a password to ensure its confidentiality. To find the password to unlock the encrypted report, navigate to the "Reports" panel in your Intuitive Password account, and you will find the password associated with the downloaded report.
- Open the downloaded report file and enter the password when prompted to unlock and access its contents.
By encrypting the report with a password, Intuitive Password ensures that only authorized users can access the report's sensitive information. The password can be easily retrieved from the "Reports" panel of your Intuitive Password account, adding an additional layer of security to the report. Remember to keep the password secure and separate from the downloaded report file. This ensures that even if the report file is accessed by unauthorized individuals, they will still require the password to unlock its contents.
Regularly generating and exporting the report, along with finding and using the associated password, empowers you to effectively analyze and address any vulnerabilities in your login credentials. This proactive approach strengthens your overall online security posture.
Differences between the "Dark Web Scan Report"
Intuitive Password offers two essential security reports: the Password Security Report and the Dark Web Scan Report. While both reports aim to enhance your account security and protect your sensitive information, they focus on different aspects and provide distinct insights. Here's a comparison between these two reports.
- The "Password Security Report" primarily emphasizes the security of your passwords and account-related information. It assesses the strength of your passwords, identifies weak, old, duplicate, and reused passwords, and alerts you to compromised passwords if found on the dark web. It also highlights the status of two-factor authentication for the websites in your password items, whereas the "Dark Web Scan Report" focuses on the exposure of your login credentials, specifically checking if they have been compromised and are available on the dark web. It scans for compromised email addresses associated with your accounts, alerting you to potential security risks.
- In the future, the "Dark Web Scan Report" will include dark web scans for credit cards, home addresses, passports, and other types of personal information. The "Password Security Report", on the other hand, will not scan for this information on the dark web.
FAQs for this topic
The Password Security Report feature scans and analyzes your passwords for security vulnerabilities and provides insights into the strength and security of your passwords.
The report can be exported in formats such as PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and more.
Encryption ensures that only authorized users can access the report's sensitive information, adding an additional layer of security.