Chapter 3: Key features
Setup emergency access
Intuitive Password's Emergency Access feature allows you to prepare for unexpected situations by providing a way for trusted individuals to access your accounts in case of an emergency or death. With this feature, you can ensure that your loved ones don't get locked out of important accounts. In the event of an emergency, your designated emergency access contacts can request access to your account and securely view the password items stored within.
Note: This feature is designed for temporary viewing of password items and does not serve as a backup method for account recovery. If you are concerned about forgetting your login credentials and want to ensure access to your account, we recommend creating an Account Inheritance policy.
Creating an emergency access
- Click on the "Features" panel located on the left-hand side of the screen. In the Features panel, locate and select the "Emergency Access" option from the dropdown list.
- To proceed, you will need to provide the security answer for verification purposes, this step ensures that only authorized users can create emergency access codes.
- Click the "Create Access Code" button. Once the access code is generated, print it out and hand it over to your trusted person. This access code will enable them to view the password items stored in your account. Note: Each activation of emergency access lasts for a duration of 2 hours.
Activating an emergency access
If you have received the access code from the account owner, follow these steps to activate emergency acess.
- Go to the Emergency Access login page, and enter the access code and verification code provided on the page, then click "Continue".
- You will be logged into the account in Emergency Access mode. From there, you can view all the password items stored in the account but do not have permission to edit or delete any password items.
FAQs for this topic
No, Emergency Access is not a backup method for account recovery; it is designed for temporary viewing of password items.
Print out the access code and hand it over to your trusted person, as they will need it to activate emergency access.
Each activation of emergency access lasts for a duration of 2 hours.
In Emergency Access mode, you can view all the password items stored in the account but do not have permission to edit or delete any password items.