Chapter 3: Key features
Login to sites with one-click
Intuitive Password offers a powerful Browser Extension that enables auto-fill of credentials for websites, enhancing your login experience with seamless convenience. This topic will guide you through the process of installing, setting up, and utilizing the Intuitive Password's Browser Extension. Discover the benefits of this feature and how it can simplify your online interactions while ensuring security.
Benefits of using the Extension
Effortless login experience: With the Browser Extension, you can log in to websites with just one click. This eliminates the need to manually enter your username and password, saving you time and effort.
Enhanced security: By storing your login credentials securely in Intuitive Password, you reduce the risk of using weak or repetitive passwords. The Extension generates strong, unique passwords for each site, ensuring the security of your accounts.
Compatibility with popular browsers: The Browser Extension is compatible with popular web browsers such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Safari, as well as any chromium-based browsers, this ensures seamless integration and a consistent user experience across different platforms.
Intelligent learning capabilities: The Browser Extension leverages AI technology to learn and adapt to different login fields on various websites, this ensures accurate detection and population of the required fields, providing a seamless login experience even on unfamiliar sites.
Installing the Extension via app store (recommended)
Navigate to the Downloads page of the Intuitive Password website, then look for the Extension for your web browser and click the "Store" button to direct you to the app store.
Installing the Extension via CRX file
Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or any chromium-based browser allows users to install Extensions in the form of CRX files, which can be useful if you have a specific Extension file that you want to install manually. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to install a CRX file for a Chrome Extension.
- Navigate to the Downloads page of the Intuitive Password website, then look for the Extension for your web browser and click the "Get it From Our Repository" button to download the CRX file of the Extension.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser and click the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window. From the drop-down menu, hover over "More Tools" and then click on "Extensions".
- In the Extensions settings page, toggle the "Developer mode" switch located in the top-right corner of the page. Enabling Developer mode allows you to manually install Extensions. Once Developer mode is enabled, you will see additional options and buttons appear in the Extensions settings page. Locate the CRX file you downloaded in Step 1, and simply drag and drop the file onto the Extensions page in your Chrome browser.
- A pop-up window will appear, displaying information about the Extension you are about to install, click the "Add Extension" button to confirm the installation. Once the installation is complete, you will see the Extension's icon in your browser's toolbar or the Extensions menu.
Storing login credentials
Before using the auto-fill features of the Extension, ensure that your login credentials are stored in your Intuitive Password account. There are three methods for storing login credentials.
Method 1: Use the Extension to capture login credentials
- Log in to your Intuitive Password account through the Extension. If you are already logged in, click the Extension icon to authenticate your login by entering your security answer.
- Log in to a site using your username and password. Intuitive Password will automatically capture the login credentials. A popup will appear, prompting you to enter the password title, username, password, and website URL. Select the desired vault from the dropdown list and click "Save Credentials" button. If you don't want the popup to appear again for this site, click "Never for this site" button. To disable the popup for the entire browser session, click "Don't show this popup again" link.
- Once the login credentials are saved, you can find the password item under the "General Logins" category in your Intuitive Password account.
Method 2: Directly create a password item in Intuitive Password
- Select the "General Logins" category from the Categories panel in your Intuitive Password account.
- Create a password item for your site. When entering the website URL, ensure that you enter the domain or subdomain name. For example, if the login page is "https://accounts.google.com/account/login", just enter "https://accounts.google.com" as the website URL.
Method 3: Use the Extension to create a password item
- Within the username or password field, click on the "Shield" icon to activate the Extension's functionality. A popup window will appear, displaying options related to the field.
- From the popup window, click on the "Create" option, this will initiate the process of creating a new password item. Intuitive Password will display a new popup window where you can enter the necessary details for the password item. The popup window will include fields such as password title, username, password, and website URL, fill in the relevant information based on the login credentials for the website you're creating the password item for, and choose a specific vault to store the newly created password item.
- Once you saved the password item, it will be stored under the "General Logins" category within your Intuitive Password account. To access the password item, login to your Intuitive Password account and select the "General Logins" category.
Auto-fill login credentials
Once the password item is saved, you can log in to the site using the Extension. Go to the login page of the desired site, click the "Shield" icon next to the login fields. If it doesn't appear, click the Extension icon on your browser toolbar instead.
Select the password item associated with the site, then click the "Arrow" icon next to the password item to auto-fill the login credentials. If the login button doesn't click automatically, click it manually. You should be logged in successfully after this process.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) learning
Intuitive Password utilizes AI technology to learn how to capture login fields accurately, if the Extension fails to detect the login fields correctly, you can train it. Click the Extension icon on the browser toolbar, and click the "Training" button and select the "Website" option.
Follow the instructions to click on the username field, password field, and login button on the login page. This trains the Extension to recognize the mandatory fields for auto-fill. Please note that non-sensitive training data will be sent to the Intuitive Password servers, making it available for other users. Once the site has been trained, you do not have to do it again.
Settings for the Extension
The settings in the Intuitive Password Browser Extension allows you to customize various settings and options according to your preferences. By accessing the Settings menu, you can modify the behavior of the Extension to better suit your needs. Here's a detailed guide on how to access and utilize the Settings.
Click the Extension icon on the browser toolbar, and click the "Settings" button. In the Settings menu, you will find several settings and options that you can customize according to your preferences, these options may vary depending on the specific features and capabilities of the Intuitive Password Extension.
- Disable auto-fill for credit cards: Enabling this option will prevent the Extension from detecting and auto-filling any fields related to credit card information. This can be useful if you prefer to manage your credit card information manually.
- Disable auto-fill for addresses: Enabling this option will prevent the Extension from detecting and auto-filling any fields related to address information, this can be helpful if you don't want the Extension to automatically populate address fields.
- Disable auto-fill with trained data: If you prefer not to use the Extension's AI technology to automatically detect login credentials, you can enable this option. It allows the Extension to rely on its internal algorithms instead of retrieving training data from the server.
- Excluded sites: In this section, you can manage a list of excluded sites, these are websites where the Extension will not attempt to detect and auto-fill login fields. You can add or remove sites from this list as needed.
FAQs for this topic
The benefits include effortless login experience with one-click login, enhanced security with strong, unique passwords, compatibility with popular browsers, and intelligent learning capabilities for accurate login field population.
You can store login credentials by using the Extension to capture them, directly creating a password item in Intuitive Password, or using the Extension to create a password item.
Once the password item is saved, go to the login page, click the "Shield" icon or the Extension icon on the browser toolbar, select the password item, and click the "Arrow" icon to auto-fill the login credentials.
Click the Extension icon on the browser toolbar, then click the "Settings" button to access various customization options such as disabling auto-fill for credit cards or addresses, excluding specific sites, and more.