Chapter 5: Reports
Dark web scan report
Intuitive Password offers a comprehensive Dark Web Security Report feature that scans all your login credentials for exposure on the dark web. This report not only checks the strength of your password items but also identifies if any weak or compromised passwords are found. Additionally, the report highlights any compromised email addresses associated with your account. By utilizing this feature, you can proactively safeguard your online accounts and take necessary actions to enhance your security. Follow the steps below to generate and review your dark web security report.
Generating a report
- Click "Reports" on the left-hand side of your screen, then select "Dark Web Scan Report" from the dropdown list.
- Before generating the report, choose the a vault from the list of available vaults that you want to scan the password items in. Optionally, if you wish to conceal sensitive information such as passwords and PINs in the report, select the "Conceal sensitive information" option. When selected, the downloaded report will hide all sensitive information, ensuring an additional layer of security.
- Once you have configured your preferences, click on the "Generate Report" button to initiate the scanning process. The report generation process may take a few moments to complete, depending on the size of the selected vault and the number of password items being scanned.
- After the report has been generated, you will have the option to export it in various file formats. Choose the desired file format for your report export. Intuitive Password supports formats such as PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and more. Click on the "Download" button to initiate the export process. Depending on your browser and system settings, you may be prompted to choose a location on your device to save the exported report.
- Once the report is downloaded, it will be encrypted with a password to ensure its confidentiality. To find the password to unlock the encrypted report, navigate to the "Reports" panel in your Intuitive Password account, and you will find the password associated with the downloaded report.
- Open the downloaded report file and enter the password when prompted to unlock and access its contents.
By encrypting the report with a password, Intuitive Password ensures that only authorized users can access the report's sensitive information. The password can be easily retrieved from the "Reports" panel of your Intuitive Password account, adding an additional layer of security to the report. Remember to keep the password secure and separate from the downloaded report file. This ensures that even if the report file is accessed by unauthorized individuals, they will still require the password to unlock its contents.
Regularly generating and exporting the report, along with finding and using the associated password, empowers you to effectively analyze and address any vulnerabilities in your login credentials. This proactive approach strengthens your overall online security posture.
FAQs for this topic
The Dark Web Security Report feature scans login credentials for exposure on the dark web and identifies weak or compromised passwords and compromised email addresses.
The report can be exported in formats such as PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and more.
Encryption ensures that only authorized users can access the report's sensitive information, adding an additional layer of security.
The password associated with the downloaded report can be found in the "Reports" panel of your Intuitive Password account.